Your CPD: Questions
Assessment: Building regulations
Complete this assessment and it could count towards your CIPHE CPD requirement
- Which document covers the rules on ventilation?
- Air permeability is presumed at what rate of infiltration?
- What is the continuous extraction rate requirement for a bathroom?
- In new dwellings, what is the criteria that must be met on alternative ventilation systems if they are to be signed off by building control?
- What does document G cover?
- What is the maximum estimated consumption of water of a new dwelling?
- Which British Standards should hot water storage systems meet?
- To minimise the danger from excessive pressure how many safety devices should an unvented hot water storage system have?
- Document H covers which areas of drainage?
- Venting sanitary pipework has a requirement for meeting open air. What is it?
What to do
CIPHE members are expected to complete 30 hours of CPD each year. Completion of these assessments can count towards this requirement.
Answer the questions and return by emailing or posting to the address below, including your name, CIPHE membership number, and email address.
Return to: CPD Assessment, CIPHE, 64 Station Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 6NB
Remember to include your full name, address and CIPHE membership number.
This article first appeared in the Jan/Feb 2020 issue of P&H Engineering, the magazine for members of the CIPHE. Find out how to join here.