Your CPD: Questions - Anti-vacuum valves
- If water boils at 100°C at sea level, approximately what temperature might it be if you were lucky enough to be making a brew at the top of Mount Everest?
- What does the term sensible heat mean?
- What is the purpose of twisting open the TPRV while draining down pipework from a UVHW cylinder at the taps?
- What is the minimum sized open vent for a HW cylinder?
- The cold feed pipe sizing for an atmospheric system can be found in which British Standard?
- Identify which Approved Document is applicable for hot water safety, supply and systems?
- Where do you locate the anti-vacuum valve on the HW system?
- Which British Standard covers the designing of a water system?
CIPHE members are expected to complete 30 hours of CPD each year. Completion of these assessments can count towards this requirement.
Answer the questions and send your answers, along with your name, membership number and email address, to:
CPD Assessment, CIPHE
64 Station Lane
Essex RM12 6NB
or visit the members-only area of the CIPHE website: