Help your customers to save water
After a summer of record-breaking temperatures, customers are becoming more conscious about conserving water.
WaterSafe has come up with these handy hints to encourage your customers to reduce demand:
• Fit water-efficient showerheads. They use as little as seven litres of water per minute – saving you more than 26 litres of water for an average seven-minute shower.
• Recommend aerated taps. Aerators can simply be screwed onto the faucet head and can reduce the flow of water by up to 10 litres per minute.
• Toilet flushing accounts for a third of household water use. Dual-flush toilets have two separate flushing volumes for disposing waste. They use as little as 2.6 litres per flush – only 20% of older toilets.
• For a new build, ask your water supplier about a ‘trickle feed’ before a full connection.
• The installation in new-builds of greywater or rainwater harvesting systems can generate enough water to flush the toilet, wash the car or water the garden.
• Green the garden. Water butts will collect water in rainy weather for watering cans. Changing the lawn to gravel saves effort and water. Famous gardener Beth Chato championed dry gardens with less demanding plants.
For more WaterSafe advice go to: https://bit.ly/2DKiW3n
For gardeners, go to the RHS: https://bit.ly/3ksy1Yd