CIPHE Industrial Associates help shape our future
We work with everyone, from manufacturers to merchants and from trade bodies to training centres.
We constantly bang the drum that consumer, plumbing and heating industry interests alike are all greatly improved upon when we bring together a range of parties to promote a consistent and collaborative message. It was therefore great to meet in September as an Industrial Associate Strategy Group in order to sit down and consider the ways in which we can best do this.
With representatives in the room from three key elements of the industry – plumbing, heating and merchants – we identified some key areas to focus on as the work of the group kicks off. Among these were:
- The need for and the role of a professional body in the 21st century
- Strategy for growing CIPHE membership
- Routes into careers in the industry, work opportunities and apprenticeships for learners
- Business growth support and services for sole traders and micro SMEs
- Making training and CPD as accessible as possible
- The benefit and value of being an organisational member of the CIPHE
- The sharing of marketing resources and reach in order to disseminate information
- Improving outcomes for the vulnerable.
As a group, we have committed to producing a 2020 business plan and timeline for delivery that will see meaningful improvements in the quality of services provided for members and the voice that we use to represent the plumbing and heating industry.
Of course, everyone is busy, and we all appear to be increasingly time poor, so it has not escaped my attention how lucky the CIPHE is for people to volunteer their time and efforts for our projects. Our sincere thanks to everyone involved.
Find out more about becoming an Industry Associate Supporter here.